ISO/IEC 17025:2005 and now the new revision is ISO/IEC 17025:2017 released in November 2017 is an international laboratory management system standard. Organizations all around the world maintain compliance and registration to ISO/IEC 17025:2005 and now ISO/IEC 17025:2017. The new revision ISO/IEC 17025:2017 aligns with the ISO 9001:2015 revision and focuses on:
Laboratory Management Systems
Accreditation bodies(ANAB, A2LA, IAC etc) are allowing a 3 year implementation period to the new ISO/IEC 17025:2017. DDN Management Solutions provides complete support from start to finish. The Management system will be developed using key Management personnel and our proven systems approach. Implementing these systems will assure your company is competent and ready for accreditation. Upon completion your system is a functioning ISO/IEC 17025:2017 laboratory including:
- Continual improvement using management system approach.
- Risk based thinking.
- Competence of laboratory personnel to assure customer requirements are achieved.
- A Laboratory Management System Manual and required documentation.
- Processes that are focused on achieving planned results, goals and objectives.
- A Corrective action system.
- Risk based thinking concepts.
- An Internal Audit Program focused on processes. Are they achieving planned results?
- A document and records control system.
- Training processes including Measurement Uncertainty training and budget development.
- Proficiency Testing program, if required.
- Preparation for accreditation and additional requirements that may be imposed by laboratory accreditation bodies.
If your company already has a quality management system in place such as ISO 9001, AS9100 or TS16949 we offer integration of common elements such as internal audit, document and records control and corrective/preventive action programs.
Top quality on-site services and training provided anywhere in the United States or Canada.
||DDN Management Solutions provides Internal Audit training, workshops and mentoring tailored to the ISO standard that applies. Internal Audits are also offered as a resource to help companies that have limited resources. One of the advantages of having an outside 2nd party internal audit is avoidance of interdepartmental conflicts that may occur as a result of internal personnel performing audits. A “fresh set of eyes” approach also adds value to the internal audit process to help drive improvement.
Measurement Uncertainty Training for Laboratories requiring Accreditation to ISO/IEC 17025:2017
Training starts with theory that follows the principles of the Guide to the expression of uncertainty in measurement (GUM) and then follows into the interactive workshop with a “learn by doing” hands on approach! Measurement Uncertainty Budgets for each technology is developed using measurement uncertainty software that is easy to use and developed by DDN Management Solutions.
Metrology consultations and training is provided in the areas of our expertise, which includes dimensional, physical, mechanical and electrical technologies. This training is provided onsite at your facility.
In addition to proficiency testing (PT) and Inter-laboratory comparisons (ILC) already being offered onsite, DDN Management Solutions is now offering these services via Videoconferencing using such tools as Skype.